The Amazing Press Technology
There have been many instruments throughout history that were advanced and have helped business professionals in the installation of plumbing. Until lately, the plumber, fitter, and welder have depended on welding, soldering, and brazing to complete piping connections. But now, since everyone is acquainted with press-fitting technology, no one wants to switch back to the traditional techniques because of the excellent benefits served by the press fits. Press fittings were first originated in North America in 1999 for potable water distribution systems and have continued to gain admiration. Press fittings are now employed in a variety of applications for both metallic and plastic pipe joining. On average, over a million press fits are mounted worldwide each day.
There are many factors that contribute to the popularity of press-fits. They have been able to fill a gap in the personnel by decreasing the time for a pipe joint connection by as much as 60 percent. Press fits are provided in o.5 inch up to four inches in size, offering a perfect press solution, especially for huge sizes, sought after by workers. Press technology proposes other advantages as well that have been considered, such as:
- No fire permits and a decrease in safety tools are needed for the installations.
- Every press is equivalent unless if there are five different installers employing the products, which is not true for brazed, welding, or sweat fittings.
- Press fittings can be mounted in dry or wet systems.
- The decrease in mechanical harm to installers versus conventional installation techniques
- Less labor and no extra preparation needed when making piping for the fitting installation and no reworking needed.
- No requirement of pipe threading and cutting machines.
- No fillings or oil to clean up, unlike conventional techniques of pipe joining.
- The ss press fitting tubes are available in a multitude of alloys, and they are verified and listed for use in a wide variety of uses.